Alachua Habitat for Humanity (AHFH) provides the opportunity for low income families to become homeowners with a ZERO interest mortgage, and a reasonable down payment. Selected families commit to 400 hours of "sweat equity" - contributing to the build of someone else's home, as well as the build of their own home. AHFH requires that all families complete a series of workshops, which will assist them in becoming successful homeowners.
Who is eligible to purchase a Habitat home?
Eligible applicants must:
- Live in Alachua County and have lived here for 12 months or longer
- Demonstrate need for adequate shelter
- Have ability to pay a modest monthly mortgage payments
- Have a willingness to partner with Habitat
- Meet the income guidelines
Potential homeowners are urged to call the office at 352-378-4663 to begin the application process and find out when the next Home Ownership Orientation (HOO) is scheduled.
Habitat does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, handicap, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or because all or part of income is derived from any public assistance program.